LogoLogo

Images from Stintino

Stintino rises on a peninsula, the last stretch of Sardinian coast jutting out from the Nurra plain to the Asinara island, a short distance away.

The main tourist attraction is La Pelosa beach, characterized by a fine white sand and turquoise-blue sea and a very shallow bottom. Just opposite a second smaller beach, called La Cala Rosa, is an islet where the Aragonese built in 1578 the "Torre della Pelosa".

A little farther away is the larger Isola Piana, belonging to the municipality of Porto Torres, with an 18-meter-high Spanish tower, built in the sixteenth century. The Isola Piana was once used as pasture due to transhumance carried out on fishing boats; once the property of the Berlinguer family, it was donated to the state on condition that it was to be preserved in its natural state.

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo