Brenzone sul Garda, Province of Verona, Veneto
46 km north-west of Verona, the picturesque center lies along the central shores of Lake Garda. It actually consists of many small hamlets and contrade, partly on the lake, the townhall being in Magugnano, partly on the lower slopes of Mount Baldo, on hills among plantations of olive trees.
- Altitude: 69 m a.s.l
- Population: about 2.350 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 37010
- Dialing Area Code: +39 045
- Patron Saint: St. Giovanni Battista, celebrated on 24 giugno
- Frazioni & Localities: Assenza, Biaza, Boccino, Borago, Campo, Castelletto, Castello, Fasor, Magugnano, Marniga, Porto, Pozzo, Prada Alta Sommavilla, Venzo, Zignago.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
What to see
- The Castelletto stone, a graffiti work on a rock of 4,500 BC, covered with mysterious signs. It is preserved in the town hall of Brenzone.
- The Ethnographic museum, in the house where the Venerable Mother Maria Domenica Mantovani, co-founder with the Blessed Giuseppe Nascimbeni of the Institute "Piccole Suore della Sacra Famiglia", was born, in the historical centre of Castelletto. The house has been faithfully reproduced with furnishings from the late l9th and early 20th centuries, and contains traditional toolsof the population of the area, connected to the activities of fishing, olive trees cultivation and oil-making, raising livestock, silk manufacture.
- Folk Festival in honor of San Rocco at Marniga on 16 august.
- The Regata Pazza on 15 august, started in 1995, with boats made of all kind of garbage and recovered materials such as plastic containers and PBC foam.