Valdobbiadene, Province of Treviso, Veneto
Famous as the capital, with Conegliano, of the sparkling "prosecco" wine, the town is situated on a plateau at the foot of the Barbaria and Cesen mountains, with the hills to the east and south covered with vineyards. A road from Valdobbiadene, called Strada del Prosecco, reaches Conegliano passing through the areas and canteens of prosecco production.
- Altitude: 250 m a.s.l
- Population: about 10600 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 31049
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0423
- Frazioni & Localities: Bigolino, Guia, Pianezze, San Giovanni, San Pietro di Barbozza, Santo Stefano, San Vito.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
Archeological findings located in this area the Roman road called Augusta-Altinate, connecting Opitergium to the Trentino region.
What to see
- The main church, with works by Palma the Young, Beccaruzzi and Paris Bordon.
- Outside the town, in the direction of Segusino, the 15th century church of Chiesa di San Gregorio.
- The Sanctuary of San Floriano, on a panoramic hill, from where an itinerary leads up to Mount Cesen, with a wonderful view on the plains of Treviso and Belluno, and to the south east as far as the Venetian lagoon.
- In March the ancient peasants' Fair of San Gregorio.
- In September at the Villa dei Cedri, the "Mostra Nazionale dello Spumante".