Pieve di Soligo, Province of Treviso, Veneto
Pieve di Soligo is an ancient village with beautiful Renaissance palaces, situated along the river Soligo, a tributary of the Piave river, in the plain called 'Quartier del Piave, and including also the towns of Farra di Soligo, Vidor, Moriago and Sernaglia.
- Population: about 10600 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 31053
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0438
- Frazioni & Localities: Babisano, Solighetto.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
The history of the place is connected to the Balbi Valier, a Venetian family that settled in Soligo after the fall of the Republic of Venice. They reformed the agricultural systems and introduced modern techniques, as well as new agrarian laws. The Balbi Valier family also helped their farmers and tenants with funds and free donations, greatly enhancing the quality of life of the poor classes in the 19th century.
What to see
- The parish church with a painting of the Assuption by F. da Milano
- The Villas: Villa Ghetti, Chisini Daniotti, Balbi Valier.
- The Torri di Credazzo, in nearby Farra di Soligo.