Oderzo, Province of Treviso, Veneto
Oderzo is situated in the fertile fields covered with vineyards producing great DOC wines, close to Treviso. Archeological excavations in the historical center of Oderzo confirm that this was where the ancient Roman town of Opitergium was situated.
- Altitude: 13 m a.s.l
- Population: about 17300 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 31046
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0422
- Frazioni & Localities: Camino, Rustighè, Colfrancui, Fratta, Faè, Piavon.
- In mid-May Vininpiave, an exhibition of the wines of the area in the Barco di Ca' Lazzaro.
What to see
- The Roman ruins A large part of the archeological findings are preserved in the local Museo Civico. Remains of the forum and shops are in via Roma and via Mazzini. 1st century thermal baths can be seen in via Savonarola. A river dockyard was excavated in via delle Grazie.
Where to stay
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook