The capital of Polesine, a geographical area extending from East to West among the parallel courses of the Adige and the Po rivers, Rovigo is an agricultural and commercial center but has also an important industrial sector. There are many fine monuments from the 15th to the 18th centuries, especially in the Romanesque-Gothic style and later works in the Baroque style.
- Altitude: 7 m a.s.l
- Population: about 51,000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 45100
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0425
- Patron Saint: St. Bellino Vescovo, celebrated on 26th November
- Frazioni & Localities: Boara Polesine, Borsea, Buso, Ca' Bianca, Cantonazzo, Concadirame, Fenil del Turco, Granzette, Grignano Polesine, Grompo, Mardimago, Roverdicrè, San Sisto, Santa Rita, Sant'Apollinare, Sarzano, Spianata.
- GPS Coordinates: 45.4.N, 11.47.E
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
What to see
- The Cathedral
- The Municipal Palace
- The church of San Francesco
- The The Roverella Palace
- The The Baruffaldi Musem
- The Palace of the Estensi
- The church of the Beata Vergine del Soccorso.