Fratta Polesine, Province of Rovigo, Veneto
- Altitude: 11 m a.s.l
- Population: about 2700 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 45025
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0425
- Patron Saint:, celebrated on
- Frazioni & Localities: Palazzine, Paolino, Pizzon, Ramedello Basso, Ramedello di Mezzo, Sabbioni, Valle, Zaffarda
- GPS Coordinates: 45.2.N, 11.39.E
From 1815 to 1866 Fratta was under the Austrians, and against them a secret Carbonari movement rose. On 11 november 1818, donna Cecilia Monti from Fratta offered to the Carbonari patriots a meal in her home (Villa Molin), and some days later all were arrested and taken prisoners to the Spileberg or venice prison. Another victim of oppression, Giacomo Matteotti, killed by Fascists on 10 june 1924, is buried in Fratta.
What to see
- Villa Badoer, designed by Andrea Palladio and built in 1570, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the seat of the theatrical summer.
- The 16th century Church of Saints Pietro and Paolo
- Also in the Palladian style, the Villa Loredan-Molin-Avezzù, where on the second Saturday in November the event called "banchetto carbonaro" (in memory of the Italian patriots of the Risorgimento) is re-enacted
- The 17th-century Villa Monti-Viaro, native place of pilot Giovanni Monti.