Parrano, Province of Terni, Umbria
This small town is situated among the hills of the Orvieto area, and its economy, in the past based almost only on agriculture, is today remarkable for home decoration and construction firms.
- Population: about 500 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 05010
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0763
- Patron Saint: St Blaise (San Biagio), celebrated on 3 February
- Demonym: parranesi
- Frazioni & Localities: Contrada Verciano, Cantone, Frattaguida, Pievelunga
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
In the 11th century Parrano was a fortified borough under the influence and protection of Orvieto. In the 15th century it came under the rule of the Church State, and in 1860 was included in the Kingdom of Italy.
What to see
- The Castle of the 15th century
- The Porta Ripa and Porta di Piazza
- The grotto complex "Tane del Diavolo".