Lugnano in Teverina, Province of Terni, Umbria
Situated in a hilly area included in the lower Tiber valley, along the border with Latium, Lugnano is mainly an agricultural center, with some small craftswork and industries.
- Population: about 1400 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 05020
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0744
- Patron Saint: Santa Maria Assunta, celebrated on 15 August
- Demonym: lugnanesi
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
For its strategic position along the borders of ancient medieval states, the town was often disputed among bigger centers like Todi, Amelia and Orvieto. In the 15th century it came under the rule of the Church State, and in 1860 was included in the Kingdom of Italy.
What to see
- The church of Santa Maria Assunta (12th century)
- The Palazzo Farnese-Ridolfi (16th century)
- The Palazzo Bufalari (19th century).