Ficulle, Province of Terni, Umbria
On the top of a hill dominating the Valle del Chiani, Ficulle was always in history connected to nearby Orvieto. The economy is based on wine production and on tradistional crafts such as clay pottery, ironwrought and woodwork.
- Population: about 1700 inhabitants in 2010
- Zip/postal code: 05016
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0763
- Patron Saint: St. Eumenio, celebrated on 18 September
- Demonym: ficullesi
- Frazioni & Localities: Olevole, Sala
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
It was under the Filippeschi and later Monaldeschi family, to be finally included in the Church State in 1461 and to Italy in 1861.
What to see
- Medieval borough, surrounded by walls (13th century)
- The church of Santa Maria Vecchia (12th century)
- The church of Santa Maria Nuova (17th century)
- Monastery of Capucine friars
- Monaldeschi castle (14th century).