Poggiodomo, Province of Perugia, Umbria
The smallest commune in the province and second smallest in the Umbria region, Poggiodomo rose in the 13th century and was part of the Duchy of Spoleto. It became a municipality in 1809.
- Altitude: 974 m a.s.l
- Population: about 100 inhabitants in 2018
- Zip/postal code: 06040
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0743
- Patron Saint: St. Antony of Padua, San Pietro and San Carlo Borromeo celebrated during the last week in August
- Demonym: pojani
- Frazioni & Localities: Mucciafora, Roccatamburo, Usigni.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
What to see
- In nearby Usigni, a frazione of the comune of Poggiodomo, a few hundred meters downstream from the source of the Tissino River, the home town of Fausto Cardinal Poli, private secretary to Pope Urban VIII, who built the church of San Salvatore around 1640, richly decorated with stuccos and frescos by Guidobaldo Abatini and Salvi Castellucci.
- Also in Usigni, an elegant well-head attributed by some to Bernini, which the place adopted as its symbol.