Monteleone di Spoleto, Province of Perugia, Umbria
The municipality is the highest in the whole Umbria region, surrounded by three circles of walls.
- Population: about 600 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 06045
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0743
- Patron Saint: St. Nicola, celebrated on 6 December
- Demonym: monteleonesi
- Frazioni & Localities: Butino, Rescia, Ruscio, Trivio
What to see
- At Ruscio several Romanesque churches, some Roman remains, and the Bronze Age site, apparently a religious sanctuary, of Forma Cavaliera: in Ruscio the celebrated Etruscan chariot, now in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, was found.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook