Brentonico, Province of Trento, Trentino-Alto Adige
A renowned summer and winter resort, the commune includes a number of small hamlets spread over panoramic plateaus between the Garda Lake and Lagarina Valley. Especially the frazioni of Palsa and San Valentino offer skiing facilities, and a myriad of hotels and other lodging.
- Altitude: 692 m a.s.l
- Population: about 3900 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 38060
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0464
- Patron Saint: Saint Apostles Peter and Paul, celebrated on 29 June
- Demonym: brentegani
- Frazioni & Localities: Castione, Cazzano, Cornè, Crosano, Festa, Fontechel, Polsa, Prada, Saccone, San Giacomo, San Valentino, Sorne.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
What to see
- The Orto dei Semplici inaugurated in 2005, in the garden of Palazzo Eccheli Baisi.
- The baroque church of San Rocco, an interesting example, built by the inhabitants of the districts of Lera and Fontana as a votive sign for having spared the town from the plague epidemic that hit Trentino in the early 17th century, with altars in local marble and a bell tower by Teodoro Benedetti from Castione (1768).
- The church of San Pietro e Paolo, at Vigo with six altars and the crypt of San Giovanni, in 10th-century Romanesque style of the. The church preserves the oldest organ in Trentino, dating back to the 18th century.
- Picturesque houses, as the Baisi house, with murals by Milanese painter Casari; the house Balista, with 18th-century mullioned windows; the Bais house, former a salami factory with a late 17th-century stone lodge, and the Baroque Longhi house.