Baselga di Pinè, Province of Trento, Trentino-Alto Adige
A renowned summer and winter resort, the town rises on a plateau in the Piné Valley, near the Serraia natural lake and the artificial Piazze lake. Among the woods near Montagnaga there is the Santuario della Madonna, a pilgrimage destination.
- Altitude: 965 m a.s.l
- Population: about 5000 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 38042
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0461
- Patron Saint: Madonna di Caravaggio, celebrated on 26 May
- Demonym: pinetani or pinaitri
- Frazioni & Localities: Faida (la Fàida), Miola (Miòla, or Miöla), Montagnaga (Montagnàga), Ricaldo (Ricàlt), Rizzolaga-Campolongo (Ciorlàga-Campjònch), San Mauro, Sternigo (Starnìch), Tressilla, Vigo-Ferrari (Vich-Ferari)
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
What to see
- The Sanctuary of the Comparsa with a monument to the Redeemer, with a reproduction of the Scala Santa in Rome, at the top of the Comparsa hill (about 925 m), near the Montagnaga district.
- The War Memorial, made by Milanese sculptor Baruzzi and commissioned by the Alpine group of Baselga, a meeting place for the memorial ceremonies.