Egna - Neumarkt, Province of Bolzano, Trentino-Alto Adige
Neumarkt in German, Egna is the chief town of the Überetsch-Unterland district, the main cultural, historical and artistic centre of the area. It was a Roman town on the Claudia Augusta road, called Endidae. Around 60% of the population are German-speaking. The municipality is situated in the plain on the left bank of the Adige river, 25 km south of Bozen-Bolzano.
- Altitude: 241 m a.s.l.
- Population: about 5200 inhabitants in 2018
- Zip/postal code: 39044
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0471
- Patron Saint: St. Lorenzo, celebrated on 10 August
- Demonym: agnensi
- Frazioni & Localities: Laghetti (Laag), Mazzon (Mazon), Villa (Vill).
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
What to see
- Remains of a Roman house
- The arcades of the old town
- The Local Culture Museum
- The church of Vill.