Caldaro sulla Strada del Vino, Province of Bolzano, Trentino-Alto Adige
Kaltern an der Weinstraße in German, Caldaro sulla Strada del Vino, is a tourist village in South Tyrol, famous for its lake (Kalterersee) and wine (Kalterersee Auslese). The cuisine combines Italian pasta with Tyrolean "knödel" (dumplings), as can be seen in Tyrolean style pizza.
- Population: about 7900 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 39052
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0471
- Frazioni & Localities: Castelvecchio/Altenburg, Pianizza di Sopra/Oberplanitzing, Pianizza di Sotto/Unterplanitzing, San Giuseppe al Lago/St. Josef am See, Villa di Mezzo/Mitterdorf, Prey-Klavenz.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
What to see
- 4 km to the south, the Caldaro Lake
- The Historical Centre, with its interesting architecture, the result of a fusion of Italian Renaissance and Tyrol tradition.
- The nearby Dolomite area, well known also to visitors who like to go on bicycle tours.