Province of Prato, Toscana
The Province of Prato was established in 1992 with seven municipalities previously included in the province of Florence and is among the smallest Italian provinces.
The capital city is the heart of the province economy, based on the textile industry which attracts also the economy of surrounding areas in the provinces of Pistoia and Florence.
- Area: 365 km²
- Population: about 240,000 inhabitants
- Population Density: 680 per sq km
- Zip/postal codes: 59100, 59011-59026
- Phone Area Codes: 0574, 055
- Car Plate: PO
- Communes: 7 communes
- Official website: http://www.provincia.prato.it/ -- According to an administrative reform from 1 Jan 2014, the Province is scheduled for suppression and fusion with the Provinces of Firenze and Pistoia, to establish the "Città metropolitana di Firenze".
The Comuni in the Province
Cantagallo | Carmignano | Montemurlo | Poggio a Caiano | Prato | Vaiano | Vernio
Where to stay
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook