Pescia, Province of Pistoia, Tuscany
- Altitude: 62 m a.s.l.
- Population: about 19,000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 51017, 51012, 51010
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0572
- Patron Saint: Saint Dorotea, celebrated on 6th February
- Frazioni & Localities: Alberghi e Castellare, Aramo, Castelvecchio, Chiodo, Collodi, Fibbialla, Macchie di San Piero, Medicina, Pescia Morta, Pietrabuona, Ponte all'Abate, Pontito, San Quirico, Sorana, Stiappa, Vellano, Veneri, Zei.
Provinces of Tuscany
The economy of the city was founded on the mulberry cultivation and on the silkworm breeding, about which a legend said that it was imported in Europe for the first time by a monk from Pescia. Bombings during World War II highly damaged Pescia, but the city was quickly rebuilt, and world Flower Market began.
What to see
- A Museum of Paper in Pietrabuona.
- The small hamlet of Collodi, native place of Carlo Lorenzini (a.k.a. Carlo Collodi), the author of the world-famous book "The Adventures of Pinocchio".