Montecatini Terme, Province of Pistoia, Tuscany
Montecatini, situated in the beautiful Valdinievole, was a renowned spa resort since ancient times. It consists of two centers: the larger is Montecatini Terme, which has a thermal springs resort and is an attractive town with large parks and gardens, a favorite destination for spa lovers. The smaller, older center is a beautiful hill-top village, Montecatini Alto, from which there are spectacular views of the lower town and the surrounding Tuscan landscape. The two centers are connected by a funicular railway constructed in 1897 which is in regular daily operation.
- Population: about 20,000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 51016
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0572
Where to stay
- Hotels: 5-stars, 4-stars, 3-stars, 2-stars, 1-star
- Agritourism, Bed and Breakfast
- Campsites, Residences and Vacation Rentals.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook