Viareggio, Province of Lucca, Tuscany
Viareggio is situated on the coast of the Ligurian Sea in the north of Tuscany, in the world-famous area known as Versilia, and is a popular tourist resort with a historic fishing harbour. After tourism, other industries include the manufacture of luxury motor yachts. A Puccini opera festival is held at nearby Torre del Lago, and also the Viareggio Prize for Italian literature is held in the town every year.
- Altitude: 2 m a.s.l.
- Population: about 63,000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 55049, 55048
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0584
- Patron Saint: Maria Santissima Annunziata, celebrated on March 25
- Frazioni: Torre del Lago Puccini.
What to see
- Villa Museo Giacomo Puccini
Where to stay
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook