Capolona, Province of Arezzo, Tuscany
- Altitude: 263 m a.s.l
- Population: about 5000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 52010
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0575
- Patron Saint: Nativity of the Virgin Mary, celebrated on 8 September
- Frazioni & Localities: Bibbiano, Castelluccio, Pieve San Giovanni, San Martino Sopr'Arno
Provinces of Tuscany
The original name of Campus Leonis and appears in a document of the year 943 AD. The center rose around the Abbey of San Gennaro, founded in 972 by Marquis Hugh of Tuscany.
In 1241 Arezzo besieged and destroyed Capolona and also the Abbey came under the control of the city of Arezzo. In 1384 then it became part of the Florentine Republic. The Commune was established in 1845 with the union of Lorenzano and Baciano and other areas previously belonging to the Commune of Talla.
What to see
- The Castle of Valenzano
- Eco Museo del Casentino, Museo dell'Acqua.