Gela, Province of Caltanissetta, Sicilia
- Altitude: 45 m a.s.l
- Population: about 76,000 inhabitants in 2012
- Zip/postal code: 93012
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0933
- Patron Saint: Maria SS. dell'Alemanna, celebrated on 8 September
- Frazioni & Localities: Manfria.
Provinces of Sicily
Much archeological research has taken place in and around the city and the archaeological museum exhibits many artefacts from the earlier periods of the city's history, among which a lot of vases. Both archaeology and writers from the classical period supply excellent sources for information on the earlier history of the city and surroundings.
What to see
- Archeological site Capo Soprano
- Archeological museum
- Doric temple in the Parco della Rimembranza