Iglesias is situated in the hills in the southwest of Sardinia, and is the center of a mining district, with lead, zinc, and silver being extracted, as well as for the distillation of sulfuric acid.
- Altitude: 176 m a.s.l
- Population: about 29,000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 09016
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0781
- Frazioni & Localities: Nebida.
What to see
- Iglesias cathedral, which dates from 1288
- The castle, built in 1325
- The 15th-century Church of San Francesco, a fine example of Gothic architecture.
Follow us on Facebook