Province of Sud Sardegna, Sardegna
The new Province of Sud Sardegna was established in 2016. The territory includes very different landscapes, from the fine beaches and splendid cliffs of Iglesiente and Sulcis, to the abandoned mining areas of coal, lead and zinc, remarkable examples of industrial archeology.
- Area: 6,530 km²
- Population: about 350,000 inhabitants (in 2018)
- Zip/postal codes: 09010-09011, 09013-09017, 09019-09027, 09029-09031, 09034-09041, 09043, 09049-09059, 09061-09066
- Phone Area Codes: 070, 0781, 0782, 0783
- Car Plate: SU
- Communes: 107 communes
Follow us on Facebook
- The new Province of Sud Sardegna includes:
- The former province of Carbonia Iglesias, first established on 4 May 1807, when a Royal Edict divided the island into 15 prefetture; in 1821 the prefettura of Villacidro was included into the Iglesias. In 1861, with the Kingdom of Italy, Sardinia was divided into just two provinces, the province of Iglesias was included into that of Cagliari. In 2001 the province was re-established as "Carbonia-Iglesias" with 23 communes from the province of Cagliari and joint capitals Carbonia and Iglesias.
- The former province of Medio Campidano, established in 2002, the largest centers being Villacidro, Guspini, Serramanna, San Gavino Monreale, Sanluri, with joint capital cities Sanluri and Villacidro.
- a number of communes from the former Province of Cagliari, which maintained only 17 communes within the administration of the "Metropolitan City of Cagliari".
The Comuni in the Province of Sud Sardegna
Arbus | Armungia | Ballao | Barrali | Barumini | Buggerru | Burcei | Calasetta | Carbonia | Carloforte | Castiadas | Collinas | Decimoputzu | Dolianova | Domus de Maria | Domusnovas | Donori | Escalaplano | Escolca | Esterzili | Fluminimaggiore | Furtei | Genoni | Genuri | Gergei | Gesico | Gesturi | Giba | Goni | Gonnesa | Gonnosfanadiga | Guamaggiore | Guasila | Guspini | Iglesias | Isili | Las Plassas | Lunamatrona | Mandas | Masainas | Monastir | Muravera | Musei | Narcao | Nuragus | Nurallao | Nuraminis | Nurri | Nuxis | Orroli | Ortacesus | Pabillonis | Pauli Arbarei | Perdaxius | Pimentel | Piscinas | Portoscuso | Sadali | Samassi | Samatzai | San Basilio | San Gavino Monreale | San Giovanni Suergiu | San Nicolò Gerrei | San Sperate | San Vito | Sanluri | Santadi | Sant'Andrea Frius | Sant'Anna Arresi | Sant'Antioco | Sardara | Segariu | Selegas | Senorbì | Serdiana | Serramanna | Serrenti | Serri | Setzu | Seui | Seulo | Siddi | Siliqua | Silius | Siurgus Donigala | Soleminis | Suelli | Teulada | Tratalias | Tuili | Turri | Ussana | Ussaramanna | Vallermosa | Villacidro | Villamar | Villamassargia | Villanova Tulo | Villanovaforru | Villanovafranca | Villaperuccio | Villaputzu | Villasalto | Villasimius | Villasor | Villaspeciosa.
Where to stay
Hotels, Agritourism, B&B, Tourist Villages, Campings, Residences in the Province of Sud Sardegna