Santa Teresa Gallura, Sardegna
- Population: about 5,000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal codes: 07028
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0789
The Romans also established here two settlements: Longonis and Tibula, the former a fishermen village, the latter was at the final part of the consular road. The name Longonis probably derives from the peculiar shape of the long bay. The Romans used this area to cut the precious granite rocks, used to build monuments and houses in ancient Rome, as well as the columns of the Pantheon in Rome.
In medieval times, during the maritime republics, Longonsardo (the medieval name od the place) was founded by the Pisans, as a strategic point just 11 miles far from Corsica which was ruled by Genoa, Pisa's great enemy.
- 28th of April, Sa Die de sa Sardigna a traditional festival of the Sardinian people.
What to see
- Beautiful "cale" (small beaches in secluded bays) such as Capotesta, la Marmorata and Cala Spinosa.
- The Nuragic giants tomb at Lu Brandali and La Testa.
- Archeological sites of the Nuragic period, especially near Capotesta.