Vico del Gargano, Province of Foggia, Puglia
- Altitude: mt a.s.l
- Population: about 6500 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 71018
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0884
- Patron Saint: St. Valentino celebrated 14 February
In the 11th century the whole Gargano peninsula was conquered by the Normans, who built a fortress, later enlarged by Swabian emperor Frederick II 1240. In 1495 King Ferdinand II Aragon donated the fiefdom to Galeazzo Caracciolo, a Neapolitan nobleman, as a reward for the latter's victory over the Turks at Otranto. Colantonio, Galeazzo's successor, was the first marquis of Vico.
What to see
- The Medieval Center with the 3 ancient quarters and the Swabian walls, once containing 22 towers
- The Gargano National Park
- The Convento dei Cappuccini, in whose entry avenue is one of the most precious trees in Apulia, an oaktree over 1000 years old.