Panni, Province of Foggia, Puglia
This small agricultural center is situated in a domineering position over the Cervaro valley.
- Altitude: 800 a.s.l
- Population: about 900 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 71020
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0881
- Patron Saint: St. Costanzo, celebrated on 27 August
First mentioned in a document of 1406, it was given as feudal possession under Alphonse of Aragon to Parretto de Ponte and Giovanna de Orenga. The 1656 plague hit ruinously the small center, killing half the population.
What to see
- Ruins of a medieval tower and castle
- The parish church, with a beautiful 16th century marble statue of the Virgin with Child.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook