Conversano, Province of Bari, Puglia
Conversano is an ancient town and an Art City 30 km south-west of Bari, 7 km (4 mi) from the Adriatic coast, on the edge of the gentle Murge hills.
Of pre-Roman origin, in the Middle Ages it became the centre of a large Countdom including areas of central and southern Puglia. It is renowned today for the breeding of Arabic black horses.
- Altitude: 219 m a.s.l --
- Population: about 25,000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 70014
- Dialing Area Code: +39 080
- Patron Saint: Maria SS. della Fonte, celebrated on the 4th Sunday in May, San Flaviano, celebrated on 24th November
- Frazioni & Localities: Triggianello.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
What to see
- The medieval castle dating from the Norman-Swabian domination.
- The Cathedral, the see of the bishop of the Conversano-Monopoli diocese.