Riva Valdobbia, Province of Vercelli, Piedmont
Originally called Petrae gemellae after two huge rocks at the border of the village, was one of the Walser settlements in the Valsesia. It is a starting point for excursions to the Val Vogna.
- Altitude: 1112 m a.s.l
- Surface area: 61,69 sq km
- Population: about 240 inhabitants
- Population Density: 4 inhabitants per sq km
- Zip/postal code: 13020
- Phone Area Code: 0163
- Patron Saint: St. Michele, celebrated on 29 September
- Frazioni & Localities: Balma, Boccorio, Buzzo, Ca' di Janzo, Cambiaveto, Ca' Morca, Ca' Piacentino, Ca' Verno, Ca' Vescovo, Gabbio, Isolello, La Montata, Oro, Peccia, Piana Fuseria, Piane, Rabernardo, Sant'Antonio, Selveglio, Vogna Sotto
- GPS Coordinates: 45°50'N 7°57'E
Follow us on Facebook
Provinces of Piedmont
What to see
- The parish church of San Michele Arcangelo, which rises on the site of the ancient church devoted to the Virgin Mary. On the facade is a huge fresco, acknowledged as an Italian national monument, representing the univerdal judgement, the work of Melchiorre d'Errico.
- The mountain hut Ospizio Sottile, built in the 19th century to offer hospitality to travellers to France