Alagna Valsesia, Province of Vercelli, Piedmont
Ancient center of Walser culture situated at the end of the Valsesia, on the southern side of the Monte Rosa. Skiing is practiced all the year thanks to the ski-lift systems that lead to the Indren glacier in the heart of the mountain. Moreover, it is possible to ski as far as Gressoney in the wide amphitheater of the Monterosa Ski area, connecting the three places of Alagna in Piedmont, and Gressoney and Champoluc in the Aosta Valley.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
Provinces of Piedmont
- Altitude: 1154 m a.s.l
- Surface area: 72 sq km
- Population: about 450 inhabitants
- Population Density: 5.9 inhabitants per sq km
- Zip/postal code: 13021
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0163
- Patron Saint: St. Giovanni Battista, celebrated on 24th June
- Frazioni & Localities: Dorf, Fum d'Boudma, Fum Diss, Fun d'Rùfinu, Fum Tschukke, Im Adelstodal, Im Felleretsch, Im Garrài, Im Oubre Grobe, Im Oubre Rong, Im Rong, Im Undre Grobe, Im Wold, In d'Bundu, In d'Ekku, In d'Follu, In d'Mèrlette, In d'Stütz, In d'Weng, In d'Wittine, Purratz Hus, Scarpia, Uttershus, Wittwosma, Z'am Steg, Zar Chilchu, Zar Sogu, Z'Jakmuls Hus, Z'Kantmud, Z'Pudelenn, Z'San Niklòs, Z'Yuassis Hus
- GPS Coordinates: 45°51'14"N 7°56'14"E
What to see
- The Walser Museum at frazione Pedemonte hosted in a typical 17th-century house, which offers a faithful, pitcuresque reconstruction of mountain life at the time.
- The Botanical Garden of Natural Park Alta Valsesia, at "alpe" Fum Bitz (1603 metres a.s.l.).
Where to stay
- Official Website of the Comune of Alagna Valsesia.