Verbania, Province of Verbano-Cusio-Ossola, Piedmont
The three large centers of Pallanza, Suna and Intra form the administrative comune of Verbania, a pleasant, elegant health resort on the shores of the Lake Major. In the vicinity are Stresa and Arona and, on the opposite side, it is possible to sail to nearby Switzerland to visit Brissago, Ascona or Locarno, 30 minutes by car away, where every year in August an "International Film Festival" takes place.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
Provinces of Piedmont
- Altitude: 197 m a.s.l
- Surface area: 37,49 sq km
- Population: about 30,000 inhabitants in 2018
- Zip/postal code: 28921 (Antoliva, Intra, Zoverallo, Biganzolo); 28922 (Pallanza); 28923 (Possaccio, Trobaso, Unchio); 28924 (Bieno, Fondotoce); 28925 (Suna, Cavandone)
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0323
- Patron Saint: San Vittore, celebrated on 8 May
- Frazioni & Localities: Antoliva, Biganzolo, Cavandone, Fondotoce, Intra, Pallanza, Possaccio, Suna, Torchiedo, Trobaso, Unchio, Zoverallo
- GPS Coordinates: 45°56'N 8°32'E
What to see
- Botanist and zoology gardens "Villa Taranto" and "Villa Pallavicino"
- period villas as "Villa San Remigio"
- The Romanesque church of "Madonna di Campagna"
- The "Basilica di San Vittore"
- The small picturesque churches, as "Buon Rimedio" and "Novaglio".
- The celebrated "Borromee Isles": "Isola Bella" with its wonderful italian gardens, "Isola Madre" with its great botanist garden and "Isola Pescatori", the only one still inhabited.
Where to stay
- Official Website of the Comune of Verbania.