Rorà, Province of Torino, Piedmont
- Altitude: 967 m a.s.l
- Population: about 250 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 10060
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0121
- Patron Saint: St. Anna, celebrated on 26th July
- Frazioni & Localities: Ruà.
Provinces of Piedmont
In 1706 Duke Victor Amadeus hunted by French troops who were besieging Turin, took refuge in the valley and stayed overnight in the house of Durand Rorà Canton. For centuries the economy of the town was based on working stone, especially the "gneiss" or Lucerna stone.
What to see
- In the area called "fournais" (Fornace), it is still possible to see the ancient baking oven for the production of very pure mortar;
- A very interesting example of local architecture is the small borough called "le pichere", which can be reached only on foot or with mules.
- A tourist equipped area in the forest at Bric, 1200 mt a.s.l.