LogoLogo

Pramollo, Province of Torino, Piedmont

The town takes its name from "Pratum Molle", since the territory is reach of water springs that flow into the Chisone river, and is formed of a number of small hamlets on the two sides of Risagliardo river. The Municipality was suppressed in 1928 and united to San Germano, and became autonomous again in 1954.

Info

  • Altitude: 678 m a.s.l
  • Population: about 250 inhabitants
  • Zip/postal code: 10065
  • Dialing Area Code: +39 0121
  • Frazioni & Localities: Bouchart, Buas, Case nuove di Pomeano, Clot, Pellenchi, Ruâ, Ribet, Sapiat

The Territory

The area is rich of archeological inscriptions, and among them there are some of the most important findings of the Pinerolo area. The economy in the past was also based on graphite mines. A typical product is the "sarass", a cheese covered with hay, produced on the mountain farms. In 1573 the town converted to the Waldensian religion.

What to see

  • In the hamlet of Rue the church of the Natività of Maria Vergine in the neoclassical style;
  • In the hamlet of Ruata the Waldensian temple and in the hamlet of Pellecchi hamlet the Waldensian Museum, with documents of the Waldensian schools of the area.

Genealogy & Links