Pont Canavese, Province of Torino, Piedmont
- Altitude: 451 m a.s.l
- Population: about 3800 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 10085
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0124
- Patron Saint: St. Costanzo, celebrated on 21st September
Provinces of Piedmont
The legend says that in the place there were three castles, one (called castra Ferrandae) of the Valperga family and two (called Castra Pontis and Tellarium) of the San Martino family, and the two families were always fighting each other from the towers called Castra Pontis and Ferrandae, which were divided by a very narrow passage. The conflict ended only with the virtual destruction of the castles, with only some remains of the towers. Most probably however the final destruction of the castles took place in 1552 by the army of marshal De Brissac.
What to see
- The parish church of San Costanzo, of the 17th century
- The two towers called Ferranda, 32 m high, and Tellaria, the only remains of the medieval fortresses that existed at Pont.
- The many bridges on the Orco and Soana, one of them a hanging bridge.