Meugliano, Province of Torino, Piedmont
The territory of the municipality, located in Val Chiusella and belonging to the homonymous mountain community, is included between 627 and 2,009 meters above sea level.
- Population: about 100 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 10080
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0125
- Patron Saint: St. Bartolomeo, celebrated on 24th August
- Frazioni & Localities: Lago di Meugliano.
What to see
- The Meugliano lake, a residual Ice Age morenic basin in the Monte Pianure, at an altitude of 750 m, surrounded by coniferous forests (mainly larch, spruce and pine). Nearby there is a large wood of birch trees, introduced in the 1930s while in the northern part of the lake the vegetation is mostly rushes. The lake measures 690 square meters and its depth does not exceed 11 meters, which is why it often freezes in winter.
Genealogy & Links
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook