Exilles, Province of Torino, Piedmont
Exilles was inhabited since prehistoric times for its key strategic position along the Monginevro road, in the center of the Val di Susa, about 67 km from Turin.
- Altitude: m a.s.l
- Surface area: sq km
- Population: about 280 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 10050
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0122
- Patron Saint: St Peter, celebrated on 29 June
- Frazioni & Localities: Deveyes, Morliere and San Colombano.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
Provinces of Piedmont
What to see
- The Fort of Exilles, built originally in 1155 by the counts d'Albon, and totally destroyed by the Napoleonic army in 1796, was then reconstructed in the early 19th century according to contemporary military technology. In 1943 it ceased to be military headquarters and fell into decay until the 1970's, when the Museum was established. The Fort is a great example of military architecture and from its roof it is possible to get an astounding view of the whole surrounding upper Susa Valley
- The parish church of of San Pietro Apostolo.
Where to stay
- Official Website of the Comune of Exilles.