Carignano, Province of Torino, Piedmont
This large industrial and agricultural center has an interesting late medieval architecture, with houses decorated with paintings and sculptures.
- Altitude: 235 m a.s.l
- Population: about 8500 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 10041
- Dialing Area Code: +39 011
- Patron Saint: St. Remigio.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
Provinces of Piedmont
What to see
- The church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, of the early 17 th century with a fine stuccoed choir by Cristoforo Ciseni, containing the tomb of Bianca del Monferrato, the wife of Carlo I Savoy, deceased in 1519
- The Cathedral of Saints Giovanni Battista and Remigio designed by Benedetto Alfieri with a fine facade in red bricks and a fan-shaped plan
- about 5 km outside, on the road leading to Vigone, the Chapel of the Visitazione al Valinotto, a Sanctuary of the early 18th century, with a fine frescoed vault by Pietro Francesco Gnod.