Bardonecchia, Province of Torino, Piedmont
The town is situated in the centre of Val Susa, 90 Km from Turin, and is a beautiful ski resort with a number of different ski areas (Campo Smith Colomion - Les Arnauds - Melezet - Jafferau - Pian del Colle - Valle Stretta) for total 140 Km of downhill tracks and 17 Km for crosscountry skiing. The town is divided into two parts called Borgo Vecchio and Borgo Nuovo.
- Altitude: 1,312 m a.s.l
- Population: about 3000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 10052
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0122
- Frazioni & Localities: Fregiusia, Les Arnaus, Melezet, Millaures, Rochemolles e Pian del Sole.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
Provinces of Piedmont
What to see
- The Civic museum, a nineteenth-century building, was an ancient center of the communal house, changed into a museum since 1953 with items of the ancient culture of the ancient mountain people such as furniture and everyday objects; there is also a small section of sacred art and religious antiquities.
- The Museo Melezet
- The ancient Romanesque bell tower, attached to the parish Church of Sant'Ippolito
- The four sundials of Bardonecchia in Piazza Suspize, Via Herbarel, via Fiume and via Pasubio, vie del Borgo Vecchio.
- The Forte Bramafam, a military fortress started in 1874 and completed in 1899, with two towers for the cannons, divided into thr three sections called Piazza d'Armi, Forte principale and Avanforte, which today hosts a museum of Military Architecture.
Events and Festivities
Bardonecchia was one of the sites involved in the 2006 Winter Olympics Games, hosting the following events: