Alba, Province of Cuneo, Piedmont
Alba is an important town in the area called Langhe. Famous for the white truffle, peach and wine production, as well as for the confectionery group Ferrero. Alba's sister city is Medford, Oregon.
- Altitude: 172 m a.s.l
- Population: about 31,000 inhabitants in 2018
- Zip/postal code: 12051
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0173
- Patron Saint: San Lorenzo, celebrated on 10 August
- Frazioni & Localities: Como, Biglini-Scaparone, Mussotto, Gallo, San Rocco Cherasca, San Rocco Seno d'Elvio.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
Provinces of Piedmont
The town is on the site of the ancient Alba Pompeia, probably founded by Pompeius Strabo while constructing a road from Aquae Statiellae (Acqui) to Augusta Taurinorum (Turin). Alba was the birthplace of the Roman emperor Pertinax.
What to see
- The Palazzo Comunale (13th century)
- The Cathedral, started in 12th century and renovated in the 15th century.
- The "F. Eusebio" Municipal Museum of Archaeology and Natural Science.