Sant'Angelo del Pesco, Province of Isernia, Molise
Sant'Angelo del Pesco had its origins as a "casale" of Pescopennataro and became an independent municipality only in 1816. A massive emigration took place in the early 20th century especially to Pennsylvania, and after WW2 mainly to Switzerland and France. In November 1943 was completely destroyed by the Germans.
- Altitude: 805 m a.s.l
- Territory: mountainous
- Population: about 350 inhabitants in 2018
- Zip/postal code: 86080
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0865
- Patron Saint: St. Michele Arcangelo
- Frazioni & Localities: Canala.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
Events and Festivities
- 15 August: feast of the Assunta at the sanctuary of Madonna del Carmine, with traditional procession.
- San Michele Arcangelo, celebrated on September 29
- December 24: The "n'docce", a huge bonfire made with wooden pieces tied together, to simbolically warm Child Jesus.
What to see
- The church of San Michele
- The church of Vergine del Carmelo.