Roccasicura, Province of Isernia, Molise
The small town rises amid forests and an abundance of small streams and springs, forming typical small waterfalls especially in winter.
- Altitude: 864 m a.s.l
- Population: about 500 inhabitants in 2018
- Zip/postal code: 86080
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0865
- Patron Saint: St. Leonardo, celebrated on November 6 and St. Antony of Padua, celebrated on 13 June.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
In historical documents the name was originally Roccasicona. the feudal lords that ruled over this territory were the Collalto, Carafa and Evoli. In the 20th century there was a very large emigration, especially to the New York area, canada and Switzerland.
What to see
- The Parish Church of San Leonardo.
- The church of San Nicola.
- The Sanctuary of Madonna di Vallisbona, 3 km from the town, where an ancient painting is kept, found, according to the tradition, by a young sheperdess who saw the Virgin Mary; celebrations are held on the second Sunday in September.
- The Civic Tower.
- The Palazzo Baronale.
Events and Festivities
- August: Festival of "Pizzelle e Vino alla Ciotola".