Pescopennataro, Province of Isernia, Molise
The place was renowned in the centuries for its stonecarvers, who developed their trade thanks to the rich stone quarries in the territory.
- Altitude: 1168 m a.s.l
- Territory: mountainous
- Population: about 260 inhabitants in 2018
- Zip/postal code: 86080
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0865
- Patron Saint: St. Luca.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
In the early Middle Ages the small center belonged a the state called "Terra Burrelenzis". Its first feudal lord was Rodolfo di Cartinacio in the 13th century followed later, and up to the abolition of the feudal system in the early 19th century, by the Del Monaco family.
What to see
- The Parish Church of San Bartolomeo Apostolo
- The Chapel and Hermitage of San Luca
- The Picnic Area near the springs of the Rio Verde.
Events and Festivities
- January 17: Feast for Sant'Antonio, with a huge bonfire in the village square and tables full of potatoes and sausages prepared according to the traditional recipes.
- October: San Luca.