Fornelli, Province of Isernia, Molise
- Altitude: 530 m a.s.l
- Territory: mountainous
- Population: about 1800 inhabitants in 2018
- Zip/postal code: 86070
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0865
- Patron Saint: St. Pietro Martire, celebrated on April 29
- Frazioni & Localities: Alluoro, Bivio, Canala, Castello, Cervaro, Chiuselle, Fontanelle, Guardiello, Madonna delle Grazie, Masserie della Canala, Masserie Ferretti, Pincere, Santa Maria Casali.
The original name was Fornello, changed into Fornelli in the 18th century. During WW2, on 4 October 1942, the Germans in repression of the resistance of the village, executed the podestà (=mayor) Giuseppe Laurelli and other five citizens, for which Fornelli was given a medal to military valor.
Events and Festivities
- A week before Easter: the "tuzza"
- October: Vintage Feast.
What to see
- The Parish Church, dedicated to San Michele Arcangelo, with its charatheristic portal.
- The Palazzo Vecchio.