Castelverrino, Province of Isernia, Molise
The little town rose from the fusion of two other villages, Castelluccio and Santa Lucia in Verrino.
- Altitude: 610 m a.s.l
- Territory: mountainous
- Population: about 100 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 86080
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0865
- Patron Saint: St. Vincenzo, celebrated on the first Sunday in May.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
In the Catalogum Baronum made under the Borrello rule it was mentioned as "Castelluczum". Under the Anjou it became a fiefdom of the Della Posta family and in the 14th century passed to the Carafa and still later to the Caracciolo. The center was part of the universitas of Poggio Sannita, then became an autonomous municipality in 1819.
What to see
- The beautiful medieval center around the castle
- The Parish Church of Santi Simone e Giuda.
- Crafts and wool stores.