Carpinone, Province of Isernia, Molise
- Altitude: 623 m a.s.l
- Territory: hilly
- Population: about 1100 inhabitants in 2018
- Zip/postal code: 86083
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0865
Later on other lords were the Pandone, Cicinello, Carafa and Della Quadra families. In 1633 Carpinone was sold to Pesche, and the two places had a common political history in the following centuries. In 1748 it was bought by the De Riso family, who were the last feudal lords of the place.
What to see
- The church of Santa Maria Assunta
- The church of Santa Maria di Loreta, built by Biagio Martella in 1619.
- Castello Caldora, which roses at the top of tha rock, with walls and towers still well preserved.
- The church of San Rocco Confessore, preserving the remains of the Patron Saint, in whose honor a very interesting procession takes place on August 16th.
- 2 km west of Carpinone there is a deep abyss, where a natural tunnel proceeds under the mountain.