Acquaviva d'Isernia, Province of Isernia, Molise
Findings of the Samnite period (7th-4th century AD) show that the settlement existed since very old times. The population lives mostly on agriculture and farming, and there is a rich production of cheeses. The local cuisine is based on mutton and goat meats.
- Altitude: 730 m a.s.l
- Territory: mountainous
- Population: about 500 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 86080
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0865
- Patron Saint: St. Anastasia, 22 January.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
Events and Festivities
- Traditionally a great bonfire is lit on the 21st January, before the Patron Feast.
What to see
- The church of Sant'Anastasia, with a very beatiful architecture and fine decorations.