Ururi, Province of Campobasso, Molise
- Altitude: 252 m a.s.l
- Territory: hilly
- Population: about 2600 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 86049
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0874
- Patron Saint: Saints Legno della Croce on 3 May.
Being highly dependent on agriculture and on the transhumance economy based on the seasonal migrations of shepherds, the village underwent a deep crisis from the late 19th century, and large communities of emigrants were formed in Canada and Northern Italy.
They keep very strong, community relations and solidarity with one another, being twice emigrants, once from Albania and a second time from Molise, and it is common to hear from them, when they meet, the traditional Albanian salute "Ghjaku Shprjshur" meaning "our dispersed blood" [Text edited thanks to Prof. Romeo Hanxhari, University of Tirana].
Events and Festivities
- Mostly based on an agrarian economy, in the summer a typical peasant tradition is reenacted, the "race of wagons" ("Corsa dei Carri"), an important event in the local folklore.
What to see
- The church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, built in 1731 on the site of a previous church, possibly Santa Maria del Vento.