Toro, Province of Campobasso, Molise
- Altitude: 606 m a.s.l
- Territory: hilly
- Population: about 1300 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 86018
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0874
- Patron Saint: St. Mercurio Martire on 26 August.
With the crisis of the age-old sistem of seasonal migration of shepherds and flocks after the unity of Italy in 1860, also Toro suffered heavily and gave a heavy contribution to emigration, with over two-thirds of its population. Among the many descendants of emigrants, also the Brazilian musician Toquinho, whose grandfather emigrated to São Paulo.
What to see
- The Convent of Santa Maria di Loreto, built in 1592 by the Frati Minori Osservanti.
- The church of San Salvatore, with inside an interesting medieval stone basin.