San Giuliano del Sannio, Province of Campobasso, Molise
- Altitude: 631 m a.s.l
- Territory: mountainous
- Population: about 1000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 86010
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0874
- Patron Saint: St. Nicola di Bari on 9 May
- Frazioni & Localities: Acquasalsa, Canale, Fontana Cappella, Gambolongo, Pescullo, Santo Ianno, Tomoliccio.
In its territory there are traces of pre-Roman settlements, but the earliest historical information dates back to the Lombard period, when San Giuliano was part of the "Gastaldato di Bojano" and later of the Molise county.
Under the Angevin domination its lord was Amerigo di Sus, then in 1306 was a fiefdom of Guidone di Molino. Other feudal lords were later the Sanframondo, Di Capua, Carafa, Longo and Severino families.
Events and Festivities
- A beautiful tradition of the place is the Feast of San Nicola on 8 and 9 May, with a parade of "fucilieri" (men with rifles) in full uniform, accompanying the procession with the statue of the saint, and the "cepalliate", typical pastries filled with amarene jam.
What to see
- The church of San Rocco, with a tall, beautiful belltower.