San Felice del Molise, Province of Campobasso, Molise
A few km from the Adriatic Sea, along the ancient track Ateleta-Biferno, this little town is a magical labyrinth of stairways, alleys and arches.
- Altitude: 548 m a.s.l
- Territory: hilly
- Population: about 800 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 86030
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0874
- Patron Saint: St. Felice Martire on 30 August
- Frazioni & Localities: Bufalara, Castellelce, Montagna 3, Montagna 4.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
The first mention of the existence of the town go back to the Norman times (11th century). A plague in 1495 killed large part of the population, so in 1518 from Larino, on request of Ettore Pappacoda, a colony of Slavic settlers were moved to repopulate San Felice, so that the population actually has a double Molisan and Croatian heritage.
What to see
- The church of Santa Maria di Costantinopoli
- The Chapel of San Felice, built during Norman time.